Morgan County Rural Electric Association was organized on April 27, 1937. Morgan County was the third REA to be organized in Colorado. The Charter Board of Directors included: H. W. Bigler, C. C. Daily, J. R. Henderson, O. E. Kinnaman, Ernest Rosener, W. F. Tormohlen, G. E. Trewet, N. C. Wagers and George T. White. The first official meeting of the Board of Directors was held on March 6, 1937 at the courthouse in Fort Morgan. Engineers needed 2 months to draw up the first plans and blueprints for the first 200 miles of line. On May 11, 1938 the first 175 miles of line was energized.
Morgan County REA, a member-owned cooperative, is dedicated to serving our members by providing safe, reliable energy with a strong tradition and vision for the future.